April 28, 2012

Sephora + Pantone Universe Color of the Year Nail Enamel Set, Part Two!!

Well, this Sephora + Pantone Universe collection is the gift that keeps on giving. I fall head over heels in love with everything I try from the collection! If you haven't ordered anything yet, I do suggest you get at least one thing from the collection. Maybe the nail polish set?!?!! Anyway, today I have Sephora + Pantone Universe Tangerine Tango Matte and Tangerine Tango Glitter swatched for you! If you didn't see the creme and shimmer polishes, check them out here.

Now, I know some people are over the matte nail polish trend. I am not, nor will I ever be over this look. First of all, I love the way it looks. I like not always having a shiny finish. Secondly, I LOVE using matte polishes when I have no time for the usual base coat, 3 coats, top coat, wait for it all to dry routine. Sometimes, I have to just slap something on and go. Mattes are perfect for this because they dry so quickly. The inclusion of this matte Tangerine Tango was 75% of why I decided to order this polish set. The glitter was the other 25%. Tangerine Tango Matte is the same juicy red-orange shade as Tangerine Tango Creme, but it a lovely super fast-drying matte.

This may be the smoothest matte I have ever used. Look at the macro shot! So smooth looking!!! This polish also felt like a better texture than some mattes: less thick and chunky, more gel-like like the creme and shimmer polishes in this set. It dried super fast, of course, and this is three coats. I think you could easily get away with two coats. I do, however, recommend that you use a matte top coat (China Glaze Matte Magic, for example) as a base coat for this polish. Shiny base coats and matte polishes don't mix that well, but I think this beauty could stain without any base.

OMG.... Tangerine Tango Glitter may have just rocketed to my favorite polish of this set! GORGEOUS!! This is light mango-orange round glitter pieces and darker red-orange round glitter pieces in a clear base. Like Tangerine Tango Shimmer, I read reviews on this saying that it was a layering glitter only. So NOT TRUE! This is three coats and I think it looks HOTSKIES!

Ugh, just marry me already TT Glitter! As I said before, this is three coats. I did two coats using a normal three-stroke application method, and dabbed glitter in any bare spots for the third coat. I am really happy with the results here. If you'd rather layer this, I think this would look sick over a white creme or black for Halloween!

For $24, I got four polishes that I really love. I am quite pleased with this set, actually more pleased than I thought I would be. If you love orange, you should check this set out. If you don't love orange, this is probably not the collection for you. Hopefully, Sephora will collaborate with Pantone Universe again next year and orange-haters can rejoice in a collection inspired by another color!

The Sephora + Pantone Universe Nail Enamel Set is available now at Sephora.com.


Cat Ray said...

The matte was probably my favorite out of this collection-- I love how easily it went on! I would love it if Sephora and Pantone collaborated like this every year. That would be amazing.

Never Enough Nails said...

Mine too, Cat Ray! I really think it's the best formula for a matte polish I have ever tried! And I would love if they kept collaborating too. *fingers crossed*