*Sent for review*
I have the first of many holiday parties coming up this Thursday night and I always want a whiter smile when I know I'll be having my picture taken. I had the chance to try a new to me whitening product, Luster Premium White Distinctly White. Distinctly White is a two step process- a rinse and a brush-on whitening gel. You use the pleasantly minty rinse for 30 seconds and then apply the whitening gel to your teeth. The gel is very easy to apply and dries in 10 seconds. Luster Premium White claims you will see results in as few as two days, and I actually did have visibly whiter teeth in two days of using Distinctly White once in the morning and once in the evening.
Unlike whitening strips, Luster Premium White products don't cause any sensitivity! Sensitivity has been a huge problem for me whenever I have used whitening strips. The pain was sometimes way too intense. I had zero sensitivity, even after using Distinctly White for a whole week. Even better news, Distinctly White is only $12.99 at Walgreens or Walmart! That's way better than $30+ for Crest WhiteStrips. Luster Premium White makes a number of other whitening products (see below) and I plan to try the Power White Toothpaste next! I am very glad I got to try Luster Premium White Distinctly White. I don't see myself going back to the agony of whitening strips ever again!
More info on Luster Premium White products:
- Power White Toothpaste ($6.99) – With 2X the stabilized peroxide as other agents on the market, Power White Toothpaste removes up to 95% of surface stains in 5 days while daily fluoride toothpaste fights cavities and safely whitens teeth above and below the surface.
Best for—Daily maintenance, replacing other toothpastes and fast whitening
- Luster Pro Light ($43.99) – With visibly whiter teeth in as little as 30 minutes, this method carries the strongest competitive claims on the market, whitening teeth twice as fast compared to strips and tray systems—all with zero tooth sensitivity!
Best for—Reversing years of yellowing, getting ready for a big event, or starting your whitening regimen
- Distinctively White ($12.99) – With results in as few as 2 days, product utilizes a dual action process, with a whitening brush and a rinse, that whitens teeth with zero tooth sensitivity.
Best for—Removing deep stains, lightening teeth by several shade and using regularly for whitening maintenance.
- Luster NOW! Toothpaste ($7.99) – Winner of Allure’s 2011 “Beauty Breakthrough Award”, Luster NOW! enamel-safe toothpaste whitens teeth instantly after just one brushing. Also contains Bluverite, a proprietary formula that creates an optical effect of whiter teeth.
Best for—Giving your smile an instant boost, last minute whitening, and getting ready for a date or job interview
- Luster NOW! Instant Whitening Rinse ($6.99) – With active peroxide to fight both surface and deep stains, this mouth rinse is enamel safe, and instantly whitens teeth after just one use. Also contains Bluverite, a proprietary formula that creates an optical effect of whiter teeth.
Best for—Giving your smile an instant boost, last minute whitening, and getting ready for a party of reunion
Luster Premium White products are sold at Walgreen’s and Walmart, among other retailers nationwide.