LA MAISON DE COLORVISION
A Million Shades of Inspiration
This fall, Sephora invites everyone to see, feel, learn, wear and love color offering a million shades and ways to truly ignite your own color vision. Open your eyes to the many ways Crimson Velvets, Nouveau Purples and Blackest Blacks can be incorporated into any look with the help from Sephora. Find our top product picks at http://www.sephora.com/Color-
Vision-Makeup-Trends and learn how to create a selection of looks with this season’s hottest colors and most coveted products at-home with the help from Sephora TV,http://www.youtube.com/ playlist?list= PL9CCB7621F5155CAF, or at your nearest Sephora Beauty Studio where you can receive your complimentary Express Service.
IGNITE THE MOMENT WITH CRIMSON VELVET
Explore updated takes on the classic red lip, from a sheer wash of color to a deep painted satin.
|“It is easy to add a pop of color to lips with a highly pigmented glaze,” saysSephora PRO Gilbert Soliz. “A laquered lip is the perfect way to start off the fall season.”|
Crimson Velvets: Lacquered Lip How-To:
· Start by swiping a liquid lipstick, like the MAKE UP FOR EVER Aqua Rouge in #9 ($24), onto your lower lip with the flat edge of the wand, starting in the center and working your way to the outer edges.
· Then, push your lips together with light pressure to spread the color onto the top lip within the lip line.
· Next, use the round side of the wand to trace around your cupid’s bow, giving it shape.
· To ensure your lip look has an all-around symmetry, tilt your head back to examine the shape and correct the edges where necessary. Finally, set with the clear gloss.
SEIZE THE MOOD: NOUVEAU PURPLES
Discover new ways to play up your eyes and go beyond neutral with rich sweeps of unexpected color.
|“This fall, add depth to your look with shades of purple. Make sure to diffuse rich shades with neutral tones in order to create a subtle, soft eye,” says Sara Biria, Sephora PRO.|
Nouveau Purples: Soft Eye How-To:
· Using a color-coordinating palette, like the SEPHORA + PANTONE UNIVERSE Alchemy of Color Palette ($34), brush a light purple shadow over lids to create a base.
· Then blend a deeper shade of purple into crease and up toward the brow bones, sweeping from the outer to the inner corners.
· To enhance eye, wiggle a black liner between top lashes and then smudge a dark purple shadow along upper lash line for added definition. Now sweep a bronze shade along crease to help balance the look.
Embrace The Dark: Blackest Blacks
Transform black lines with sharp flicks, strong strokes, and smoky smudges.
|“I love a defined liner for everyday,” says Sephora PRO Lead, Gilbert Soliz. “It is the perfect way to make a statement while also keeping things simple.”|
Blackest Blacks: Flicked Liner How-To:
· Start by wiggling a black pencil liner like the Sephora Collection Retractable Waterproof Eyeliner ($12), between upper lashes.
· Now that you have an outline, glide on a thin base of black liquid liner, like the Buxom Pen & Ink Long-Last Eyeliner ($20), from the center of lash lines to the outer corners.
· Connect the lines from the inner corners to the center using the very tip of the liquid liner for a clean stroke. Then draw the wing by laying the liner tip flush against the outer corners and dragging inward toward the lash lines.
· Finish this subtle look with two coats of mascara, like theSephora Collection Outrageous Mascara ($15).