When I received ASK Cosmetics T.I.P.S. Nail Conditioner, I was pretty excited to try it out. The ASK Cosmetics website states that "within weeks of commencing daily T.I.P.S. Nail Conditioner applications, you should begin to see a marked improvement in the texture and condition of your nails and cuticles. Your nails will become more flexible and less vulnerable to chipping, cracking and splitting, and your cuticles will also recede as they become healthier day by day." Who wouldn't be excited to try a product that promises improvement in your nail texture and receding cuticles?? I generally have relatively healthy nails, but I do always have some peeling on both of my thumbnails. Only the thumbnails, isn't that weird? I would imagine that is caused by my bad habit of occasionally using my thumbnails as tools.
Here are the instructions for using T.I.P.S. Nail Conditioner:
1. Remove all polish (down to the last remnants!) the night before you would like to do a new mani.
2. Wash your hands.
3. Wait at least one hour (if nails hold moisture, TIPS cannot penetrate to the max.).
4. Treat your nails with TIPS before going to bed that night.
5. First thing when you get up BEFORE exposing your nails/hands to water, apply TIPS again. That way you will have had two intense treatments to help protect your nails.
6. There is no need to wait a certain period of time after applying TIPS, simply rub it in gently as you would a hand cream and you are good to go. TIPS will have been absorbed by your nails and cuticles.
7. Wash hands as you normally would in your morning routine.
8. Then you are good to do a manicure.
9. Wait 24 hours after your mani is done before applying TIPS again. This only ensures that the mani has dried completely and the wear will not be affected by TIPS.
10. Apply TIPS while sporting your manicure to the cuticle, skin around your nail and to your natural nail underneath. You are only wasting your time and the product, if you apply it over or directly under the mani. Nothing can penetrate nail polish and as mentioned above – nail varnish will not adhere to TIPS either!
Now, let me first disclose that I didn't use this product exactly as instructed. I found it to be very difficult to find an entire hour in which I didn't wash my hands. I wash my hands a LOT! I work with kids, I have a cat that I seem to always have to clean up after, etc. etc. So, I tried my best to wait after washing my hands before applying this, but it probably was never a full hour. I also usually forgot to apply this immediately after waking up in the morning. I'm not very functional when I wake up in the morning, so I had a hard time remembering this step.
I would estimate that I used this product at least once a day for about 5 weeks. I would say that my nail texture does feel a bit improved. Without polish on, my nails feel more moisturized and maybe even a bit stronger. My thumbnails still have some peeling towards the tips, so T.I.P.S. Conditioner did not help me with that. My cuticles don't really look healthier, nor did they recede at all. One bottle (about a 6 week supply, according to the ASK Cosmetics website) costs $13.95. I am not sure if I would pay $13.95 for the results I got.
T.I.P.S. Nail Conditioner can supposedly help prevent staining of nails as well, but I normally don't have a problem with staining, as I always use a good base coat. Just an F.Y.I., this product also contains parabens, so many of you may want to steer clear of this for that reason alone. Now, please remember that these are just my personal results. I googled "T.I.P.S. Nail Conditioner" and found a few people who seemed to have more impressive results than I did. I like this product and felt it improved my nails, but I'm not sure if it was a $13.95 improvement, you know what I mean?
ASK Cosmetics T.I.P.S. Nail Conditioner is available on the ASK Cosmetics website.
This product was sent for review. For more information, please see my Disclosure Policy.